October 1996, 816 pages
Fifth Printing (August 2001) The Handbook was reprinted (5th printing) in August 2001. The publisher made all the various minor changes and updates we submitted.You can identify the 5th printing of the book by looking for "5 6 7 8 9 0" at the bottom of the page that includes the ISBN number.
You can order the handbook today from any one of these online bookstores:
- Amazon Books (amazon.com) (Price as of November 19, 2002: US $99.95).
- Chapters/Indigo (for Canadian orders)(Price as of November 19, 2002: Cdn$127.45).
- Barnes and Noble(Price as of November 19, 2002: US $99.95).
Sample Chapters CRC Press has generously given us permission to make allchapters available for free download.
Please read this copyright notice before downloading any of the chapters.
- Chapter 1 - Overview of Cryptography pdf
- Chapter 2 - Mathematics Backgroundpdf
- Chapter 3 - Number-Theoretic Reference Problemspdf
- Chapter 4 - Public-Key Parameters pdf
- Chapter 5 - Pseudorandom Bits and Sequences pdf
- Chapter 6 - Stream Ciphers pdf
- Chapter 7 - Block Ciphers pdf
- Chapter 8 - Public-Key Encryption pdf
- Chapter 9 - Hash Functions and Data Integrity pdf
- Chapter 10 - Identification and Entity Authentication pdf
- Chapter 11 - Digital Signatures pdf
- Chapter 12 - Key Establishment Protocols pdf
- Chapter 13 - Key Management Techniques pdf
- Chapter 14 - Efficient Implementation pdf
- Chapter 15 - Patents and Standards pdf
- Appendix - Bibliography of Papers from Selected Cryptographic Forums pdf
- References pdf
- Index pdf
About the book
Handbook of Applied Cryptography / ajmeneze at uwaterloo.ca / last updated November 19 2002